Founder Success Manager
- Customer & Community
Visible is adding hundreds of founders each month to our platform. If you love working with founders and giving them a better chance of success — keep reading! Our goal is to connect 5,000 founders to investors by 2025. We are ahead of schedule and need help!
We're a group of nine fully distributed team members, and have been set up this way since pre-Covid (we have this whole remote work thing down). We are looking to add to our first dedicated Founder Success Manager to be part of our go-to-market team. Here's what we'll expect:
- You'll be responsible for managing our inbound trial funnel of founders as well as handling any support issues for current customers. You will also be tasked with crafting marketing content for new feature releases/product improvements, and sharing founder success stories.
- You will not be limited to just your customer success role. Everyone at Visible acts as a product manager. You'll be able to take what you are hearing on the front lines and collaborate with our product team to deliver new features as well as improvements to the platform.
- You'll act as a trusted advisor to founders who are fundraising and looking to build better relationships with current investors. To succeed in this role, you'll need to enjoy on-the-spot problem solving, be able to quickly get up to speed on new software products, and become our resident expert on the Visible for Companies platform.
If you end up applying for this role, let us know what you think an obtainable Net MRR Retention Rate is for a SMB SaaS company (in the cover letter section below).
The First 90 Days
Below are some examples of things you might encounter in your first three months at Visible.
- Perform 45 demos of Visible to current & potential customers. This will be your chance to build a relationship with our founder community and share best practices.
- 80% of our customers sign up via self-service through the application, so this means you'll only do demos for ~20% of those new trials
- Produce 10 new resources for recently released features. You'll build personalized campaigns to make sure our customers get up to speed on new features.
- Pitch and write 2 products specs for features that founders keep asking you for!
- Respond to 90 support tickets. We get about one per day and respond within 5 minutes M-F.
You Are Okay With:
- Working cross-functionally on a small team of nine
- Working within at least 4 hours of US EST
- A fully distributed company
- The resources (or lack thereof) of a profitable company and wearing many hats.
- The unknown. This role is likely to change over time. You just love helping founders and are ok as the role shifts.
The following items are guide-rails. Don't feel like you need to neatly check each box. If you love the role we'd love to hear from you.
- A 2+ year track record of managing hundreds of customers in a customer success or inside sales role.
- Have previously worked directly with founders, investors and startups.
- A great listener who can tailor a demo based on the needs of the founder.
- Experience with HubSpot, Intercom, Zapier and other modern SaaS tools.
- Comfortable writing creating content across multiple mediums such as email, social, our marketing site, knowledge base and more.
- Paid Competitively. Your on target earnings will be $65 to $80k depending on your experience.
- 75% of your pay will be a base salary. 25% is based on Net New MRR. We want you to be aligned with bringing on great founders and keeping them.
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- Ownership (both in the work you do and equity in the company)
- A stipend for your home office, technology setup, coworking membership, etc.
- 2 paid off-sites per year (Barcelona, Amsterdam, Lisbon and Dublin were the last four)
We'll review your application. So long as you are thoughtful in your application, we aim to get back to you within one week.
- Part 1: Phone Screen with Sam, our current customer success manager who you will report to. If you move along...
- Part II: 4, 45 minute interviews.
- Angelina (our Head of Partnerships)
- Ana (our Product Designer)
- Matt (our Marketing Manager)
- Mike (our CEO)
- If you move on...
- Part III: A final project that will be related to your work. It will take less than a day to complete and we will pay you for your work.
Our Mission, Vision & Values
You can find our high level mission, vision and values here. Give it a look! We'd love to go deeper and share more with you.