🛠 Product Engineer
- Software Development
2020-08-26 09:39:59 UTC
Product Engineering at Stir
We're on a mission to grow the size of the creator economy. Our customers trust us to help them run their businesses, and we work tirelessly to build great products that do just that.
As a product engineer, writing code is just one part of your job. You'll also talk to users, get involved with design, and develop your own opinion on what needs to exist in the world. Then you'll move with urgency to make it happen.
To learn more about how we work, take a look at our Engineering Values.
What will you do?
- You'll work with a small engineering team to build mission-critical tools for creators.
- As one of our first engineers, you'll build entirely new products from scratch and make important technical decisions.
- You'll be responsible for planning, organizing, and executing entire projects end to end, from idea to launch. To do so, you'll have to work closely with design, operations, and (of course) creators.
- You'll help build the foundation for Stir engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- As we grow, we'll build up an engineering team around you.
We're looking for someone who:
- Cares about creators and wants to build something meaningful. The tools we create will empower the next generation of entrepreneurs, and we take that responsibility seriously.
- Enjoys all aspects of building a product from scratch. You love talking to customers just as much as making technical decisions.
- Understands the importance of both speed and quality, and the trade-offs of choosing one over the other.
- Is comfortable working across the entire stack. We work mostly in Django + React + Postgres. However, we don't care about previous experience in these languages - they can always be learned.