Head of Risk
- Operations & Finance
- Remote friendly
2021-04-01 04:55:13 UTC
Who We Are
Settle is a fintech company on a mission to help small and medium businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our small but growing team (<20 people) was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from where you are. We're well funded with backing by Founder’s Fund, Max Levchin's SciFi Ventures and others. We provide competitive benefits, compensation, and equity. We're looking for motivated individuals who are eager to build something from scratch to delight our customers!
What You’ll Do
- You'll wear many hats!
- Create the risk and underwriting strategy for the company.
- Underwrite businesses as they onboard onto Settle.
- Work with our engineering and design team to improve our systems.
- Manage the portfolio.
- Partner with the operations team to improve our loan servicing.
- Own the unit economics of the business and find ways to improve it.
- Work with our debt providers.
- Help design new products that would benefit our customers.
- Build out the credit and risk team as the needs scale.
This person will report to the CEO.
What We Look For
- Previous experience in credit and risk.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to move quickly.
- An ability to think in systems.
- A creative thinker.
- Leadership. With rapid growth, we need and expect everyone to be a leader. You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown. You hold yourself and others to a high bar. You enjoy mentoring and growing others.
- Must be a resident of United States