Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Software Development
- Remote friendly
At Nova, our mission is to create a new world without paperwork. We're starting by building the operating system for B2B transactions and using it to solve problems for high value but underserved teams at financial services companies.
Nova is, at its heart, an engineering company. We maintain an extremely high bar for the quality of what we create and how we interact, and we won't sacrifice that for quantity of output. We think about creating the best user experience first and work backward from there.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in building successful products and systems. You’re used to dealing with lots of moving parts, you have exquisite attention to detail, and you’re comfortable learning new technologies where needed.
Our stack consists primarily of Node, Scala, React, Typescript, GraphQL, PostgresQL, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Google Cloud.
What will you be doing?
- Own entire product lines from architecture to implementation
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Work closely with the executive team to improve engineering processes and explore new products.
What does success look like in this role?
- Solid engineering fundamentals and passion for high quality code
- Familiarity with type-driven development and functional programming
- Experience with web application security best practices
- Product intuition, user empathy, ability to make sound UX decisions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
It's even better if:
- You've worked at an early stage startup
- You've built side projects and/or contributed to open source
- You have experience both building and breaking tools, and instilling security best-practices in engineering teams
- You have a cross-functional skill outside of engineering
- Workday must overlap by at least 4 hours with Austin, TX, USA