Be Money is queering banking for the better.
We’re changing the way LGBT+ people think about money, and that means changing the whole system. You have a vision and—whether thats a picket fence or a closet full of coveralls—deserve the financial resources and roadmaps to get there. Your identity impacts your finances, so your bank should be built around your identity.
Our community has $1T spending power in the US and yet 53% of LGBT+ people struggle to maintain regular savings. That’s high-key unacceptable.
The rest of the system has you reinvesting in things you’re not about. Be Money’s in-built charity donation platform makes it easy for you to reinvest back into the community. And we’ll be reinvesting right alongside you—a substantial part of our profits go to local projects targeting the most underprivileged LGBT+ people in our community.
The way your bank thinks about money directly impacts how you think about it. It’s time to start thinking about it through an LGBT+ lens.
Our story of fearlessly creating LGBT+ wealth is just beginning.
We are closing our Pre-Seed round and aim to have our Alpha product in customers’ hands in December.
We’re seeking a Chief Operating Officer to join our team and help us build our banking operation. You’ll be responsible for the effective roll-out and management of our Card Program, ensuring that we have our operations in place and working effectively. As our program scales, you’ll be leading the way to ensure that we have effective customer operations, financial crime management and that all of our team understand our compliance obligations and follow-through on our policies and procedures.
You’ll work closely with the CEO on building our team which means you’ll have a great address book of digital banking and customer operations contacts. You’ll also be great at identifying talent and putting in place objectives and leadership to ensure the team are successful.
You’ll be the right hand person to the CEO which means you’ll be supporting with organisational design, financial management and our OKR framework which ensures our activities align with our commercial and impact goals.
- Define, build and refine our operational strategy and organization
- Be accountable for regulatory compliance and risk management for the company
- Liaise with and manage our key vendor relationships including our banking partner and our off-shore technology partner, based in Central Europe
- Support the product team with go-to-market planning and evaluation of product P/L
- Build and scale our Customer operations, Financial crime operations and broader team
- Define and monitor OKRs for the team
- Work with a third-party financial controller to plan and manage our financial forecast including cash flow
- Be responsible for ensuring good governance is in place for the company, including providing Board secretarial support
Salary + Benefits + Equity:
up to $130k/year and up to 4% equity + healthcare/benefits
Your personal profile:
You will work very closely with, and complement, the CEO. We are looking for a long-term partnership. You should have:
Education and experience
- 5+ years experience in building and managing consumer B2C operations in Fintech and/or Wealth Management, ideally in a challenger bank or equivalent start-up environment
- 5+ years experience running regulated aspects of a technology start-up and able to strike a balance between moving fast and ensuring compliance
- Experience building high performance multidisciplinary teams
- An expert at taking strategic direction and converting this into OKRs, action plans and results
- Willingness and desire to be a hands-on leader, capable of leading from the front and the back
- Financial management experience
- An accountancy qualification (CPA, CMA, CIA or ACCA) and/or a relevant degree in a finance field
Our values and how you fit in:
Applying for a job is about getting to know the team (as much as it is about us getting to know you). We get it! The big things matter and so do the small things. So here’s a little about how we work and who you’ll be to excel at Be Money.
We were founded by LGBT+ people to solve our own problems. Every member of our team cares deeply for LGBT+ people and we never stop learning. We believe in the power of the LGBT+ community and are a community of our own.
Making change is hard. We get it! We’re doing things that have never been done before, so we’re not afraid to do hard things.
Joining the team means you’ll join us as we go looking for trouble (so we can solve it!). That means that you will exemplify our behaviours.
- Tenacious – You’re persistent and persevering. You’re resilient. You never give up.
- Attentive – You’re great at listening and observing. Your understanding drives empathy and shapes what we create and how we respond.
- Clever – You’re not just smart. You’re ingenious, bright and skilled. Ready to figure things out. (You’re also not afraid of being clever. Think witty and unexpected with a dash of humor)
- Celebratory – This is more than pride. You’re affirming—you see and cheer on personal wins, set and met goals and the community around us.
Things that will accelerate your success at Be Money
Understanding of the LGBT+ market through professional or lived experience, for example as family or friends of LGBT+ people; participating in LGBT+ allyship activities and/or direct service provision to LGBT+ people in a professional setting.
Be Money’s value, Attentive, means that we aim to create a culture of empathy where everyone can belong and be their real authentic selves in the office. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives, though we have strict policies in place against racism, homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. LGBT+ people have a wide variety of lifestyles and we offer an affirming company (not just judgement-free), and you’ll need to be open minded to work in our company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
- Must be a resident of United States