Coco - Lead Vehicle Engineer
Coco (formerly Cyanbot) is building the world's first mass market robotics company, beginning with sidewalk delivery robots. We deploy mobile ground robots in cities to create a cleaner, safer, and more accessible last-mile logistics solution.
You’re an experienced hardware engineer excited by making the type of critical engineering decisions that ensure sustainable explosive growth at a VC-backed startup. You've designed, prototyped, manufactured, and scaled a complex hardware system that has handled harsh real world conditions. You're excited about the challenge of outdoor robotics, and you understand the importance of fast iteration cycles mixed with long and medium term manufacturing timelines. Most importantly, you want to lead one of the most critical teams in the company to short, medium, and long-term success.
The Lead Vehicle Engineer is responsible for leading the design of the physical robot and bringing it to market as quickly as possible. You'll balance unit costs with durability/reliability, operational performance, and manufacturability. You'll be responsible for designing, sourcing, prototyping, and manufacturing the mechanical chassis, cargo body, and power electronics from a medium-term light tooling design to a long-term, high volume design.
- Design the chassis and body for the robots for production / manufacturing
- Mange / oversee manufacturing
- Source materials and components for each robot iteration
- Manage and optimize BOM
- Design iteratively and balance fixing problems quickly with sustainable long term solutions
- Set up manufacturing relationships for both medium-term, light tooling designs and future heavy tooling manufacturing
- Create validation procedures for new designs to insure reliability and quality of each build
- Designed hardware systems that have made it to volume production
- Multiple years of DFM and 3D CAD experience
- Designed products for harsh outdoor environments
- Worked with manufacturers and suppliers to bring a product to production
- Bonus: worked with power electronics, sensors (cameras, ToF, radar, etc.), and cellular modems / antennas
About the team
We’re a close-knit team, passionate about making on-demand delivery a better experience for customers, employees, and the community.
Coco is a venture-backed and early stage startup, so the environment here is high-energy, dynamic, and exciting. You’ll be working with top-performers with experience at the fastest-growing ops startups in the world. If you’re collaborative, energetic, have a competitive spirit, and love working in teams, you’re going to feel right at home.