Build Team Manager
Who we are
Coco (formerly Cyanbot) is building the world's first mass market robotics company, beginning with sidewalk delivery robots. We deploy mobile ground robots in cities to create a cleaner, safer, and more accessible last-mile logistics solution.
You’re an expert at building teams that get things done. You enjoy thinking about how to improve physical processes, remove bottlenecks, and establish a structured work environment that delivers results. You also enjoy hands-on problem solving. Fixing both mechanical and electrical devices is second-nature. Finally, you’re a flexible thinker: ready to adapt your processes and your team to the rapidly-changing needs of a fast-growing startup.
The Build Team Manager focuses on getting new devices out the door and keeping them there. You and your team will assemble, repair, and maintain our robots, as well as diagnosing mechanical and electrical issues. The Build Team works closely with the engineering team, and plays a critical role in developing future versions of the hardware.
As Build Team Manager, you will run the build shop: hiring and training the Build Team, scheduling staff, running inventory, and designing processes that result in high employee satisfaction, high throughput, and high reliability. You should be willing to start out working very hands-on, and then transitioning heavily toward management as we grow.
- Hire, train and manage robot mechanics
- Ensure robots are repaired quickly, properly, and work is documented
- Diagnose problems, track common issues, and report them to engineering
- Produce a high-volume of new robots; set and meet robot assembly timelines and associated KPIs
- Manage parts ordering and inventory
- Hired and managed a team of hourly assembly laborers (or similar)
- Managed a workshop-type environment
- Experience problem solving mechanical and/or electrical devices in a professional setting
More about the job
- Must be able to lift 40 or more pounds
- Can work out of our Santa Monica office/warehouse
- Compensation: $70k - $80k
About the team
We’re a close-knit team, passionate about making on-demand delivery a better experience for customers, employees, and the community.
Coco is a venture-backed and early stage startup, so the environment here is high-energy, dynamic, and exciting. You’ll be working with top-performers with experience at the fastest-growing ops startups in the world. If you’re collaborative, energetic, have a competitive spirit, and love working in teams, you’re going to feel right at home.