Intermediate Cyber Security Analyst
2021-09-27 21:59:48 UTC
Intermediate Cybersecurity Analyst – REMOTE with 50% TRAVEL
BreakPoint Labs is seeking an Intermediate Cybersecurity Analyst to provide leadership while performing on-site risk assessments of DoD applications, networks, systems, architectures, and infrastructure, using standards such as DoD Directive 8510.01, DoD Instruction 8500.01, and NIST Publications. The Intermediate Cybersecurity Analyst will assist in guiding and serving as a member of a cohesive Team, providing technical support to protect the DoD’s networks and information system.
• Serve as an Assessment and Authorization (A&A) validator with proficiency in DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD IT, and affiliated NIST security controls
• Lead comprehensive RMF assessments, including preparation, execution, and concluding documentation, using Security Control Assessor (SCA)-approved processes
• Provide guidance to others relative to the A&A process, and specific A&A policies and timelines.
• Utilize DoD cybersecurity vulnerability scanning and security testing tools, and perform analysis of the results of these tools (i.e., Nessus, SCAP, STIG Checker, etc.)
• Demonstrate technical experience in identifying vulnerabilities or misconfigurations across a wide variety of technologies
• Communicate technical information in the form of verbal and visual updates, technical reports, and briefings. Writing/documentation, presentation, and public speaking skills are required.
• Accurately and efficiently record applicable information in the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) suite of modules, to include Asset Manager, in accordance with approved procedures and guidance
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%, both in the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS).
• Employ organizational and interpersonal skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment
Professional experience performing A&A activities.
• Functional knowledge of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, NIST 800-53 rev4.
• Experience utilizing DoD-approved scanning/testing tools (Nessus, STIG Checker, SCAP, etc.) and performing analysis of output.
• Experience using Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) is strongly preferred.
• Certification(s) commensurate with DoDI 8510.01 (DoDM 8570.01-M) IAT Level-III (i.e. CISA, GCIH, CISSP, CASP
ABOUT BREAKPOINT LABS
BreakPoint Labs is a growing cybersecurity services company focused on ‘high-end’ support to DoD, Federal, and commercial clients. Headquartered in the National Capital Region, but with a presence in more than 14 states, BreakPoint Labs provides clients with services in four core competencies: Cybersecurity Assessments, Defensive Cyber Operations, Research and Development and Penetration Testing.
BreakPoint Labs is dedicated to providing the methods and means for sustainable, measurable, and effective cybersecurity operations. Powered by highly motivated, experienced cybersecurity professionals with technical and scientific proficiency, BreakPoint Labs is developing and leveraging technology to enable a more secure cyberspace. We offer a full array of benefits consisting of medical, dental, and vision coverage in addition to a matching 401(k) plan.
BreakPoint Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer who believes in empowering people and encouraging employee’s career paths no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Our goal is to be a company that is obviously diverse and inclusive of all, and one whose work culture is respectful to all employee’s values. We believe in supporting our Veterans and do so by encouraging and considering Veterans to apply for our employment opportunities.