- Vicksburg, MS
2021-06-22 01:37:08 UTC
Breakpoint Labs is hiring a Cybersecurity Analyst to work on-site at the customer location at Ft Belvoir, VA. We are seeking a team player who is interested in building a career in the Cybersecurity field. We offer our employees a unique opportunity with providing support for their personal growth and career opportunities by offering up to $5,000.00 annually for education, training, and certifications within the chosen career paths.
RESPONSIBILITIES for the position consist of:
- Conduct continuous network monitoring and analysis using various defensive cyber tools, such as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Tanium/ACEM, etc.
- Validate network scanning quality and compliance IAW applicable JFHQ-DODIN TASKORDS.
- Troubleshoot credentialed vulnerability scanning failures and provide remediation guidance.
- Assist in the deployment of Nessus agents.
- Configure network compliance/audit scans and ensure the appropriate audit files are leveraged.
- Enumerate vulnerable terrain in support of Tier 1 reporting.
- Provide end customers with vulnerability assessment reports with prioritized mitigation actions.
- Track vulnerability management efforts from identification, to notification, to remediation.
- Investigate and report potential false positives from continuous monitoring tools.
- Analyze risk score trends and ascertain potential root causes to risk score anomalies.
- Track compliance trends and provide prioritized list of findings to end customers.
- Enumerate and report instances of specific platforms, installed software, and services (including unauthorized instances).
- Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of network security risks.
- Assist in incident response activities by querying existing data and sharing matching indicators of compromise (IOC).
- Conduct user activity monitoring (UAM) activities and investigate SIEM alerts in support of the insider threat program.
- Provide prompt, quality customer service with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Provide direct support to the Protect Team Lead.
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), user activity monitoring (UAM), and Tanium/ACEM strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of network scanning principles and the potential impacts of intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS) to scan data accuracy.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate complex technical and programmatic information, often in the form of verbal and visual operational updates, situation reports and briefings.
A certification which falls under DOD 8570 - IAT Level II certification (i.e., CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP) OR DOD 8570-Compliant CSSP Auditor certification (i.e., CEH, CySA+, CISA, GSNA, CFR, or PenTest+
About BreakPoint Labs
BreakPoint Labs is a growing cybersecurity services company focused on ‘high-end’ support to DoD, Federal, and commercial clients. Headquartered in the National Capital Region, but with a presence in more than 14 states, BreakPoint Labs provides clients with services in four core competencies: Cybersecurity Assessments, Defensive Cyber Operations, Research and Development and Penetration Testing.
BreakPoint Labs is dedicated to providing the methods and means for sustainable, measurable, and effective cybersecurity operations. Powered by highly motivated, experienced cybersecurity professionals with technical and scientific proficiency, BreakPoint Labs is developing and leveraging technology to enable a more secure cyberspace. We offer a full array of benefits consisting of medical, dental, and vision coverage in addition to a matching 401(k) plan.
BreakPoint Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer who believes in empowering people and encouraging employee’s career paths no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Our goal is to be a company that is obviously diverse and inclusive of all, and one whose work culture is respectful to all employee’s values. We believe in supporting our Veterans and do so by encouraging and considering Veterans to apply for our employment opportunities.