Cyber Security Analyst
2021-06-09 14:20:32 UTC
Cybersecurity Analyst Team Member
BreakPoint Labs is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst Team Member to perform on-site risk assessments of DoD applications, networks, systems, architectures, and infrastructure, using standards such as DoD Directive 8510.01, DoD Instruction 8500.01, and NIST Publications. The Cybersecurity Analyst will work as a member of a cohesive Team providing technical support to protect the DoD’s networks and information systems.
• Serve as an Assessment and Authorization (A&A) validator with proficiency in DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD IT, and affiliated NIST security controls
• Conduct comprehensive RMF assessments, including preparation, execution, and concluding documentation, using Security Control Assessor (SCA)-approved processes
• Utilize DoD cybersecurity vulnerability scanning and security testing tools, and perform analysis of the results of these tools (i.e., Nessus, SCAP, STIG Checker, etc.)
• Demonstrate technical experience in identifying vulnerabilities or misconfigurations across a wide variety of technologies
• Communicate technical information, often in the form of verbal and visual updates, technical reports, and briefings. Writing/documentation, presentation, and public speaking skills are required.
• Accurately and efficiently record applicable information in the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) suite of modules, to include Asset Manager, in accordance with approved procedures and guidance.
• Employ organizational and interpersonal skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Professional experience directly related to Information Technology Security, Network Systems Technology, or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, NIST 800-53 rev4
• Experience utilizing DoD-approved scanning/testing tools (Nessus, STIG Checker, SCAP, etc.) and performing analysis of output
• Experience using Electronic Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) is strongly preferred
• Certification(s) commensurate with DoDI 8510.01 (DoDM 8570.01-M) IAT Level-II
• U.S. Passport required
• Certification Required: IAT Level II certifications, i.e., CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP
BreakPoint Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer who believes in empowering people and encouraging employee’s career paths no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Our goal is to be a company that is obviously diverse and inclusive of all, and one whose work culture is respectful to all employee’s values. We believe in supporting our Veterans and do so by encouraging and considering Veterans to apply for our employment opportunities.