BreakPoint Labs is seeking an Intermediate Cybersecurity Analyst to provide leadership while performing on-site risk assessments of DoD applications, networks, systems, architectures, and infrastructure, using standards such as DoD Directive 8510.01, DoD Instruction 8500.01, and NIST Publications. The Intermediate Cybersecurity Analyst will assist in guiding and serving as a member of a cohesive Team, providing technical support to protect the DoD’s networks and information systems.
• Serve as an Assessment and Authorization (A&A) validator with proficiency in DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD IT, and affiliated NIST security controls
• Conduct comprehensive RMF assessments, including preparation, execution, and concluding documentation, using Security Control Assessor (SCA)-approved processes
• Provide guidance to others relative to the A&A process, and specific A&A policies and timelines.
• Utilize DoD cybersecurity vulnerability scanning and security testing tools, and perform analysis of the results of these tools (i.e., Nessus, SCAP, STIG Checker, etc.)
• Demonstrate technical experience in identifying vulnerabilities or misconfigurations across a wide variety of technologies
• Communicate technical information in the form of verbal and visual updates, technical reports, and briefings. Writing/documentation, presentation, and public speaking skills are required.
• Accurately and efficiently record applicable information in the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) suite of modules, to include Asset Manager, in accordance with approved procedures and guidance
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%, both in the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS).
• Employ organizational and interpersonal skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Must have a DoD Secret Clearance
• Professional experience performing A&A activities.
• Functional knowledge of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, NIST 800-53 rev4.
• Experience utilizing DoD-approved scanning/testing tools (Nessus, STIG Checker, SCAP, etc.) and performing analysis of output.
• Experience using Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) is strongly preferred.
• Certification(s) commensurate with DoDI 8510.01 (DoDM 8570.01-M) IAT Level-III (i.e. CISA, GCIH, CISSP, CASP).
• U.S. Passport required.
About BreakPoint Labs
BreakPoint Labs is a growing cybersecurity services company focused on ‘high-end’
support to DoD, Federal, and commercial clients. Headquartered in the National Capital
Region, but with a presence in more than 14 states, BreakPoint Labs provides clients
with services in three core competencies: Cybersecurity Assessments, Defensive Cyber Operations, and Research and Development. We offer a full array of benefits consisting of medical, dental, and vision coverage in addition to a matching 401(k) plan. We are a company that encourages employee’s career path opportunities by providing $5,000 educational reimbursements yearly, and also providing training and certification reimbursements as well.
- Must be a resident of United States