Bestow is for business owners who need a local external consultant for a temporary internal project. Bestow curates a directory of qualified contributors for business owners to subscribe to annually. To sign up for Bestow, contributors can apply based on their expertise. Prospective members and contributors will learn about Bestow through local community collaborations.
This post is only for consultants who desire to become contributors to Bestow in Houston. If you are selected, your profile will be listed in Houston's most exclusive employment directory.
We are looking for a great Go developer who possesses a strong understanding of how best to leverage and exploit the language’s unique paradigms, idioms, and syntax. Your primary focus will be on developing Go packages and programs that are scalable and maintainable. You will ensure that these Go packages and programs are well documented and has a reasonable test coverage. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
- Writing scalable, robust,, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Translating software requirements into stable, working, high performance software
- Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient micro services distributed architecture
- Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
- Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including:
- Dependency management tools such as Godep, Sltr, etc.
- Go’s templating language
- Go’s code generation tools, such as Stringer
- Popular Go web frameworks, such as Revel
- Router packages, such as Gorilla Mux
- Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
- Familiarity with code versioning tools