Remote / flexible working. Our Los Angeles Office will open in 2021 but we’re open minded about location within the US (You must be a US resident)
Salary + Benefits + Equity: up to $130k/year and up to 4% equity + health care
Be Money is an LGBT+ focused fintech company with a team of around ten people. We aim to take the awkwardness out of traditional banking and transform the way that LGBT+ people think about their money. We believe in a world where being LGBT+ has no bearing on your financial wellbeing and have created Be Money to help us achieve that goal.
Our community has almost $1B spending power in the US and yet 53% of LGBT+ people struggle to maintain regular savings. Despite that, LGBT+ people have a wide and diverse range of goals that they need financial help to achieve, that include surrogacies, gender transitions, or even retiring in an queer-friendly beach town.
Our mission is to become the first LGBT+ checking account and investment platform that focuses on the financial empowerment of the whole community.
We want to bring specialist LGBT+ digital banking to life. Not with cheap gimmicks, but by empowering LGBT+ people to achieve their life goals though world-class digital banking.
And because all LGBT+ people deserve the chance to be their best selves, we’ll be investing a substantial part of our profits back into local projects targeting the most underprivileged LGBT+ people in our community.
We are in the process of closing our Pre-Seed round and plan to have our Alpha product in customers’ hands in November.
We’re seeking a Chief Operating Officer to join our team and help us build our banking operation. You’ll work alongside the Chief Executive to provide leadership to the team (around 10 people, including third party developers) and thought leadership to the wider community about LGBT+ issues in the banking and associated verticals.
- Define, build and refine our operational strategy and organization
- Be accountable for regulatory compliance and risk management for the company
- Liaise with and manage our key vendor relationships including our banking partner and our off-shore technology partner, based in Central Europe
- Support the product team with go-to-market planning and evaluation of product P/L
- Build and scale our Customer operations, Financial crime operations and broader team
- Define and monitor OKRs for the team
- Work with a third-party financial controller to plan and manage our financial forecast including cash flow
- Be responsible for ensuring good governance is in place for the company, including providing Board secretarial support
Your personal profile
You will work very closely with, and complement, the CEO. We are looking for a long-term partnership.
Education and experience
- 5+ years experience in building and managing consumer B2C operations in Fintech and/or Wealth Management, ideally in a challenger bank or equivalent start-up environment
- 5+ years experience running regulated aspects of a technology start-up and able to strike a balance between moving fast and ensuring compliance
- Experience building high performance multidisciplinary teams
- An expert at taking strategic direction and converting this into OKRs, action plans and results
- Willingness and desire to be a hands-on leader, capable of leading from the front and the back
- Financial management experience
- An accountancy qualification (CPA, CMA, CIA or ACCA) and/or a relevant degree in a finance field
- Passionate about advancing the LGBT+ community
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proactive approach
- Start-up experience and experience in high-growth company
- Quality minded
Things that will accelerate your success at Be Money
Understanding of the LGBT+ market through professional or lived experience, for example as family or close friends of LGBT+ people; participating in LGBT+ allyship activities and/or direct service provision to LGBT+ people in a professional setting.
Be Money’s primary value is inclusiveness, which means that we aim to create a culture where everyone can belong and be their real authentic selves in the office. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives, though we have strict policies in place against racism, homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. LGBT+ people have a wide variety of lifestyles and we offer a judgement-free company, so you’ll need to be open minded to work in our company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
- Must be a resident of United States