Be Money is an LGBT+ focused fintech company that aims to take the awkwardness out of traditional banking and transform the way that LGBT+ people think about their money. We believe in a world where being LGBT+ has no bearing on your financial wellbeing and have created Be Money to help us achieve that goal.
Our community has almost $1B spending power in the US and yet 53% of LGBT+ people struggle to maintain regular savings. Despite that, LGBT+ people have a wide and diverse range of goals that they need financial help to achieve, that include surrogacies, gender transitions, or even retiring in a queer-friendly beach town.
Our mission is to become the first LGBT+ checking account and investment platform that focuses on the financial empowerment of the whole community.
We want to bring specialist LGBT+ digital banking to life. Not with cheap gimmicks, but by empowering LGBT+ people to achieve their life goals through world-class digital banking.
And because all LGBT+ people deserve the chance to be their best selves, we’ll be investing a substantial part of our profits back into local projects targeting the most underprivileged LGBT+ people in our community.
We have completed our customer discovery and have a large corporate backer, so have funding to build our MVP build. We are now seeking a product manager to help us take our concept to market.
We’re seeking a Product Manager to join our team to help us build and evolve our mobile apps and digital community using rapid iterations and user testing/validation.
You’ll be responsible for:
Shaping the product strategy and roadmap for Be Money’s mobile-only (iOS & Android) current account.
Knowing our customers and understand their problems and friction within the finance and associated lifestyle verticals and identifying opportunities to improve their experience
Collaborate with our design team to identify new features and associated customer experiments to validate the feature
Managing the product backlog, articulating user stories against jobs to be done, defining acceptance criteria and prioritizing features that align with our product vision and customer needs.
Coordinate and manage daily scrum meetings with our off-shore technology partner to maintain the velocity of development.
You’ll be a Product Manager in a consumer finance related field who’s looking to make an impact within our company and the LGBT+ community. You should have:
- 5+ years experience in building and managing B2C products in Fintech and/or Wealth Management, ideally in a challenger bank or equivalent start-up environment
- Deep expertise about the US consumer payments industry, developed in a US financial services company and/or academic setting.
- Broad understanding of behavioural science and how these principles can be applied to consumer behaviour
- Data-led mindset - comfortable using data and analytics to drive product decisions
- Passionate about advancing the LGBT+ community
- This role will quickly become a leader and we need someone both self-motivated and comfortable taking a leadership role within multidisciplinary teams
Things that will accelerate your success at Be Money
- Understanding of the LGBT+ market through professional or lived experience and able to apply that experience to developing products for our audience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proactive approach
Be Money’s primary value is inclusiveness, which means that we aim to create a culture where everyone can belong and be their real authentic selves in the office. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives, though we have strict policies in place against homophobia, biphobia and transphobia so you’ll need to be open minded to work in our company. Also, racism sucks. Don’t be racist.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.